Remote Input/Output Unit for Substation Process Bus
- Dynamic information management, assuring acquisition times, logic processing, goose dispatches, reception at the other extreme, and subsequent processing is always under 12 ms.
- Significant cost reduction eliminating all the cooper wiring between field elements (circuit breakers, switches) and protection and control panels.
- Safety for the workers widely improved when dangerous voltage paths disappear.
- The diagram shows two saTECH RIO working as remote signals of saTECH BCU. Both devices are working “back to back” linked by fiber optic Ethernet and sending information through IEC 61850 Goose Messages, simplifying wiring.
- The diagram shows one saTECH RIO working as a remote signal of saTECH BCU. The saTECH RIO is sending/receiving signals to and from the saTECH BCU through an ethernet IEC 61850 process bus by Goose messages simplifying wiring
|♦ Receives control commands or trip signals from the bay or substation levels and relays them to the process level.
♦ Acquires states, alarms and other digital signals from the process level to the bay or substation level.
♦ Intelligence and autonomy, executes local automatisms; handles calculated variables, GOOSE messages and digital input/output.
♦ Programmable logic functions to configure control schemes according to IEC-61131-6.
♦ 48 programmable LEDs on the front panel.
♦ Trip and Close pushbuttons on the front panel to manually operate the circuit breaker.
♦ Password protection to confirm any manual operation.
♦ Ethernet access supporting both copper and fiber connection, and including fail-over protection.
♦ Serial communication RS-232 and RS-485.
♦ Communication with other IEDs using IEC 61850-8-1 GOOSE messaging.
♦ Sequential Events Recording, which stores the latest 1400 analog and 1400 digital entries in a non-volatile memory.
♦ Accurate time synchronization through IRIG-B (distributing the signal to other IEDs), SNTP and other conventional protocols.
♦ Embedded cyber security features including encryption advanced user authentication, integrated firewall and secure communication protocols (SFTP, SSH).
♦ Hardware design without mobile parts and solid state storage.
|Communications ports||3 Ethernet ports 10/100 Mbps, (1 front RJ45 and 2 rear RJ45 or Fiber optic interfaces)|
|4 software configurable serial RS232 or RS485 ports|
|2 front USB ports|
|1 front mini USB port for maintenance and diagnostics
|Synchronization port with the ability to receive and regenerate the IRIG-B signal and SNTP/NTP
|IEC 61850-8-1 (Gooses)
INPUTS / OUTPUTS
|Digital Inputs||Up to 96 digital inputs opto-coupled with 48,125 or 250, Vdc. Optionally isolated inputs with independent GND|
|Digital Outputs||Up to 48 digital outputs with electromechanically relays
|Standard Device||32 digital inputs opto-coupled with 48,125 or 250, Vdc.
32 digital outputs with electromechanically relays
|Encrypted Password management|
|Personalized Firewall management integrated in the device (*)|
|Remote management||(SFTP) Secure FTP server|