VCL-3045, NTP to IRIG-B Converter
VCL-3045 is synchronized by an NTP Server and can be used as a time source for equipment that requires IRIG-B inputs for time-of-day synchronization (IRIG-B options include 50 Ohms BNC, RS-422, RS-485, RS-232 Twisted Pair). VCL-3045 is available in a small form factor DIN Rail chassis.
Valiant’s VCL-3045, NTP to IRIG-B Converter offers the following unique features:
- Valiant’s VCL-3045, NTP to IRIG-B Converter can be installed to provide IRIG-B time-synchronization in locations that require a compact and a secure enclosure, without external GPS antennas – especially in areas that are prone to lightning strikes and acts of vandalism.
- The VCL-3045, NTP to IRIG-B Converter acts as a firewall between an IP based network in which NTP Servers are installed and terminal equipment requiring IRIG-B time inputs. The VCL-3045 is especially useful to provide time synchronization to terminals, such as Railway Signaling equipment which requires accurate time-of-day synchronization, but at the same time also requires maximum isolation from inclement weather conditions and external hostile elements.
- The VCL-3045, NTP to IRIG-B Converter incorporates a unique BCMA (Best Master Clock Algorithm) feature not found in GPS based IRIG-B time synchronization servers. This feature allows the user to assign up to 3 NTP Servers to become the best alternate time synchronization sources for the terminal equipment. The VCL-3045 automatically switches to and selects the best available source (NTP Server) with the best available (Stratum 1) reference the least amount of jitter and wander. This BCMA (Best Master Clock Algorithm) feature ensures that the terminal equipment which requires an IRIG-B Input for time synchronization always remains synchronized to the best available (Stratum 1) clock source in that network.
RIG-B Option* (any one type):
- 50 Ohms (BNC)
- RS422 / RS485
- RS232 (Twisted Pair)
* IRIG-B option to be specified at the time of ordering.
- Synchronized from a reference input NTP server
- Provides 4 Unmodulated IRIG-B output (BNC, RS232, RS485 / RS422 ) options
- Built-in real-time clock / real-time logging maintains a history of all events
- Serial Management Interface (USB) for local access
- Remote access over TCP-IP networks. Allows the user to access and carry out maintenance
- Password Controlled Access. Maintains a complete log of all logins.
The NTP to IRIG-B converter is a substation hardened design available in a small form factor, compact DIN Rail / desktop chassis.
|Number of NTP Input Ports||1|
Network Time Protocol:
- NTP v4
- Internet Protocol: IPv4
- Time Protocol: TIME (RFC 868)
|Number of Output Ports||4|
|Interface Type||Unmodulated, DCLS signal, No Carrier|
|Interface Option||BNC (50 Ohms unbalanced), RJ45 (balanced twisted pair)|
IRIG-B Timecode Supports:
|IRIG B000||100pps, DCLS signal, no carrier, BCD time of year, CF, SBS|
|IRIG B002||100pps, DCLS signal, no carrier BCD(Time of Year)|
|IRIG B003||100pps, DCLS signal, no carrier BCD (Time of Year), SBS|
|IRIG B004||100pps, DCLS signal, no carrier CF, SBS|
Power Supply Specifications:
|Input DC voltage||48V DC (nominal)|
|Range of input voltage||15V to 55V DC Input|
|Voltage reversal protection||Provided|
|Short circuit protection||Provided|
- < 10W at ambient (steady state 24°C)
Power Supply Options:
- AC power – 100 to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC Power – 110V DC; 220V DC
- CISPR 22 / EN55022 Class A (Conducted Emission and Radiated Emission)
- EMC FCC Part 15 Class 2
- Operation ETS 300 019 Class 3.2
- Storage ETS 300 019 Class 1.2
- Transportation ETS 300 019 Class
MTBF and Equipment MTBF:
- Per MIL-HDBK-217F: ≥ 17 years @ 24C
- Per Telcordia SSR 332, Issue 1: ≥ 26 years @ 24C