IEEE-1588v2 PTP Slave
VCL-2750, PTP (IEEE-1588v2) Slave Clock (DIN Rail Version)– synchronizes from a PTP Grandmaster to provide 1PPS, IRIG-B and NMEA Outputs with high stability OCXO holdover.
VCL-2750, PTP Slave Clock (DIN Rail Version) is a high precision, high reliability time and frequency synchronization solution which can be synchronized from a IEEE-1588v2 PTP Grandmaster to provide frequency and time-of-day synchronization across a PTP network with nanosecond accuracy. Multiple 1PPS / IRIG-B Outputs are provided to synchronize local clock (time-of-day) to IEDs, as well as RTUs to a central timing source.
The VCL-2750, PTP Slave Clock is specifically designed for providing synchronization in 2G/3G/4G, HetNet and LTE mobile telecommunications networks as well as in backhaul wire-line TDM Networks. It may be also used by Railways, Airports (including air-traffic control), Power generation and distribution companies and other Utility companies who need to distribute highly precise time-of-day and frequencies locked to a PTP Grandmaster (GPS) Reference across multiple nodes of their networks.
The VCL-2750, PTP Slave Clock is equipped with a highly accurate, low-noise OCXO which provides a high stability holdover that is typical of a Network SSU in the event of a failure of the transmission link.
Features and Benefits
- Reliable, Cost-Efficient Reference
- BMCA (Best Master Clock Algorithm) – allows the unit to be installed in a redundant PTP Grandmaster network
- OCXO Holdover
- 1 PPS / IRIG-B outputs
- Nanosecond accuracy
- Standard RJ45 and BNC connectors for all inputs and outputs
- ToD compliant to NMEA 0183 (RJ45 Port).
- 1 x PTP Input (10/100BaseT Ethernet Slave Port)
- Password Protection
- 48V DC power supply
- 1 x OAM (10/100BaseT Ethernet Port)
- VLAN and Packet priority
- Supports QoS, 802.1p based packet priority
- Supports 802.1Q based VLANs
- Power Contact and Lightening Protection as per Telcordia GR-1089-CORE.
Typical Synchronization Applications
- Synchronizing mobile communication networks such as UMTS, GPRS, HetNet, 2G, 3G, and 4G networks
- Wireless and Wireline Telecom synchronization
- Distributing Time (ToD) and Frequency reference for power utilities across all nodes of the network
- Synchronization of Defense Networks
- Synchronizing airports and aviation communications
- Synchronizing railway signaling networks and railway communications
- Synchronizing traffic management
- Broadcasting Network and Broadcast equipment synchronization.
Standard Frequency and ToD Outputs:
|4 x 1 PPS||BNC|
|4 x IRIG-B, synchronized to PTP Grandmaster (GPS) reference*||BNC|
|4 x TOD (Time-Of-Day) output compliant to NMEA0183||RJ-45|
*Note: User selectable between IRIG-B and 1PPS Outputs
Management and Monitoring Ports:
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet
- 1 x External Alarm Relay Contact.
System Access, Control and Management Options:
- CLI Control Interface (HyperTerminal or VT100)
- SNMP V2 Traps (MIB File provided).
Security and Protection:
- Password Protection
- Separate VLAN on monitoring and access.
Configuration and Monitoring Software:
- Telnet, CLI
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) – Runs on any PC operating on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 OS.